Sunday, June 14, 2009

Clint Eastwood and our Ridiculous Roses

Many years ago, parts of our property were used to film the movie, "Honky Tonk Man" starring and directed by Clint Eastwood.
The roses were in bloom during filming ; Clint Eastwood asked that they be cut back. There were too many of them, he said, and they wouldn't look real on film.
This has been a good year for our roses, we've had to tie them back and will have to build an arch in the fall to support the growth over the gate. When I say they are "ridiculous", I do mean that affectionately. Sometimes I stand back a look at them and think, there are so many, they almost don't look real.....It's been a good year for cherries too. I have probably picked about 100 pounds so far, and there's still plenty for the birds and foxes.










































3 comments:

  1. I am totally jealous!! I wish I had a ridiculous climbing rose like yours!! It's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had a climbing Clint Eastwood on my porch like you had! I just read your post on ArtFire about being a new blogger and I am a VERY timid blogger, so I wanted to see what your blog was like. Holy Moilly!! Your Roses are outstanding! They look like fine art and my eyes tears at the beauty. WOW...Roses and Clint Eastwood!!! I have nothing...not a thing to blog about now!! But you sure made my Monday!!LOL Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your whole blog is like total eye candy~did I gain any weight? Great pics and fun writing.

    ReplyDelete