Monday, December 7, 2009

A Wee Explanation


During this last year I was blessed much, one of these marvelous gifts was a new friend. Being a rather intense and serious type of person, I can honestly say that I've spent lots more time laughing because of this special friend, and it has changed me by definite degrees. Laughter is so good, and now I try to return that when I can.


So I made her an odd grouping of little gifts to send for Christmas, and when I was puttering and playing during construction, my husband said," That is the stupidest thing I ever saw....what is it?" I wasn't even sure then, but I knew my gift was going to need some significant help by way of explanation. So I composed the Spinderella story to tie the gift together. Most of it is just nonsense with tidbits and snippets of twisted half truths and a thread or two of shadowy reference to something we discussed or shared.


I love tiara's and wanted to build one for her, but it didn't gel and time didn't allow, so she will soon own a miniature crown, sceptre and magical refrigerator magnet, it was one of the most fun things I've ever done. I have a hope that we will be friends until we are both the proverbial "blue-hairs" and so someday a tiara will wing it's way to her house from mine.


I decided earlier this fall that I was going to rule Christmas this year, it was not going to dominate me. So far, I've been able to accomplish that, and have focused on handmade gifts, simplicity and am looking forward to this holiday. My family is all well and loving, we have peace in our house, no debt, and it's my intent to hold on to this. Bless you all, and especially you, Susan, laughter is big medicine.

1 comment:

  1. I am still laughing over Ron's comment - he's such a man, and I mean that in the fondest way! But you have to pinky swear that you won't show him what I am making for you, because my ego would be irreparably crushed by that kind of man-talk!

    I am just so flattered that you think enough of me to want to make something for me, especially when the feelings are returned so heartily. I have never in my life had a friend that I felt so immediately close to and comfortable with, and what a gift that is!

    And I see us very clearly, slaving over our tiaras in the same room, warming our toes by the fireplace. Not sure where, when, or how, but I see it!

    Your amazing friendship is my gift, so anything else is just icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete