Sunday, April 11, 2010

When Life Gives You Pearls....

Make theme jewelry.  I've been on a bridal  binge...I have a special custom bride theme shadow box collage coming soon and I can't wait to share it.  That's what probably started this trend, thinking about it, gathering elements for it's construction, but then I have to work with what I find, and so voila! 

The sky has been raining pearls.  Goldtone metals and filigree, Miriam Haskell, Hattie Carnegie, a resurrection of those fine designers.  I LOVE fluffy, foo-foo, la la, details, over the top femininity, romantic and sentimental anything, can you tell??? 

These pieces are hopefully going to find happy  new homes soon, and I will simply focus my obsessive-compulsive creative bent on the next growing pile of what grabs me by the heart. I am quite happy with my affliction.







These pieces look great against black, too.............. 

3 comments:

  1. Just amazing!... you have such a talent for design! I was going to work on some jewelry today myself but first I am going to browse around your blog for some inspiration :))
    Inka

    ReplyDelete
  2. so very stunning and luscious! love the roses with the pearls especially.
    i have that same affliction- ain't it grand?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lis, I love them all, but especially that piece on black - now I feel inspired to turn out something gothic-y today!

    ReplyDelete