Sunday, February 21, 2010

New Treasures Just Off the Bench....

I'm pleased to say that the necklace I donated to Haiti by Hand has been purchased and is now finding it's way to a new home.  I think that Rebecca Sower's efforts will be ongoing and so I will come up with another piece sometime soon, but in this little meanwhile, I've just finished and listed these pieces.  I am really pleased with all of them, but the Maltese Cross really sets my heart pattering.  The combination of lapiz and aquamarines seems to really generate some interesting energy.   Okay so I'm a little nuts but I kid you not, the piece really hums for me.
I found the hand carved bone piece recently and the brooch casing was somehow too huge for it, so I reworked it and will create a reliquary from the other part of the brooch....that's going to be fun!



I can't believe the color separation in the  slag on this Nouveau Pendant.  It almost looks like picture agate. 
The filigree piece was a rework and I'm much happier with it now.   I really like jewelry that moves. 
These earrings were hard to capture, the pearls are a soft whisper of green, and the faceted teardrops are prasiolite green garnet.  I'm still working on the design....I want the drops to be looser, almost seeming to spin under the rondelle, so they're not getting listed but going back to the bench. 

2 comments:

  1. You really captured the Middle Ages in the Middle East in the Maltese Cross- gorgeous. And the other creations are quite spectacular as well, most especially the nouveau necklace. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Nouveau Pendant is my favorite of your new group of creations, though the carved dog is a close second.

    You find the most amazing pieces to work with - I want to be you!!

    And your photos show everything off so well; I want to ask you about your camera. Although I think my terrible pictures are caused by an unsteady hand and lack of skill, so the camera may not be an issue...

    ReplyDelete