Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Rebecca Sower and Haiti by Hand


Haiti by Hand has been organized by Rebecca Sower , and if you are a craftista with a heart to donate, please consider doing so.  But this is Rebecca's story and it's best you hear it from her. 


This is one of  the pieces I donated to the Etsy/HaitibyHand Shop , so if you can, please saunter on over there and look around, lots of lovelies and interesting things, and every dollar goes to the relief project in Despinos Haiti.  There is a price range for every budget, but before you do, read Rebeccas blog...it's an intimate, focused and brilliant way to help women of Haiti.
 
Please, if nothing else, try to get the word out...

When I think about how much difference a small amount of money can make to these people, it really amazes me to think how we can deeply affect and even profoundly change lives with our art.

If I stopped to count all the ways I am blessed every day, I would simply run out of day.  I take too much for granted and forget how fortunate I am. 
Lis

1 comment:

  1. I really like what Rebecca Sower is doing to help the women restore their self-sufficiency, rather than making them feel that they are receiving indefinite-term charity.

    And I really like the pieces you donated - love those piggy earrings especially!

    I want to get in on this - am going to clean out my yarn stash and embroidery yarn box, and work on a few pieces to send pictures of.

    Maybe I should donate a pair of those coffin earrings I made using GlitterCritter's earring wires. I sent a pair to you in the box, so let me know when you get yours, if you think they are something worth donating.

    Thanks for getting the word out about this - I'm trying to do the same!

    ReplyDelete